Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Orchids...

Have you seen these in your grocery store? My Kroger regularly has a big table full of orchid plants for sale. I always thought they were beautiful, but not worth $10 or $15. How often do they flower? Even if they bloom a couple of times a year, I wouldn't pay that much money for a few days of flowers in my house.
Well,...if I see a cart in the back of the store with wilted, drooping $3 orchid plants (no more flowers) looking like unwanted puppies, I have to take some of them home. Six months later...after water, a good window seat, and lots of music...


The purple one bloomed in early June, the pink one bloomed in February! The flowers last for months on these orchids! I would not have believed it if someone had told me...but it is true!

No comments: