Saturday, July 23, 2011

old style granny squares...





In addition to being a quilter, I've become a crochet freak. I learned how to crochet in 1971 but rarely spend much time on it. For some reason I've picked it up again and have become hooked (pun intended). I'm working on granny squares because they are a lot like quilt squares...I can carry a few in my purse and work on them all day long.
My favorite yarn right now is Lion Brand "Amazing" because there are many different, beautiful colors. On one ball of yarn I can get 5 or 6 separate shades that go together perfectly. With 21 different color schemes there are over 100 different colors to use in one blanket (or whatever you want to make).






I've measured 4 different lengths of heavy string to use as guides so I can cut the 4 lengths of yarn needed to make a basic granny square. I've tried the fancy square (and triangle, and hexagon) but always go back to the classic. It's the color combinations that I get creative with. Take a look at this yarn I've cut into pieces for the squares...

No comments: