Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to work...

I'm spending too much time on the computer. Ever since I started my blog I've been looking at other sites, going into "recommended" sites, leaving comments (a few) and watching for comments on my blog. In all that time, I haven't been doing very much creating. Kinda' silly of me. My favorite sewing projects have been on the back burner since I started my blog. I never asked for comments ("Please, please tell me how wonderful I am!") I like getting them, but mainly because I know someone is looking at my stuff. I look at other blogs and many times I'm blown away by what I see, but I don't comment very often. Maybe I'm supposed to compliment everything I like. But when I consider saying a few words, I see that there are already 27 comments at the end of a post and I think it's rather overkill to add another "I love it!" "The colors are so vibrant!" "Where do you get your ideas?" "My grandmother used to tat!" "Sweet face!" "What detail!"...

I would be happy just to know you are looking. That's why I installed a counter. Simple. And then I found out how many people are visiting my blog. In 15 days I've had seven hits. Nothing to write home about. In fact I bet some of Jude's posts got seven comments in 15 minutes. I'm going to quit watching, and get back to work. If I do post anything, and you happen to see it...that's nice. That's all I ever wanted.

3 comments:

Saskia said...

Thanks for youre comment om my Blog.
Youre right that sometimes we quilters sit to much behind the computer and forget time.
Time we better can use in quilting.
I started the blog to write about my frustations with dieting, but it wasn't working for me.
So I thought I better write about something that makes me smile and happy!...
About Curves,
I have family living in the USA and a friend of my aunt did Curves.
I heared that curves gives very good results.
Its comming to Holland, but only in the big City's yet. So I keep it in mind.
My famliy lives in the Houston Erea, on the golf of Mexico!!,so I keep CNN on 24/7.
They had to leave there house, and probebly there is no more house left afther Ike.
So I'm praying they will be save.
Saskia

Jackie's Stitches said...

I know what you mean about the computer taking a lot of time. You sit down...next thing you know hours have passed. Between Ravelry (knitting site) and my new interest in quilting (taking my first class now) and quilting blogs, it's hard to actually get any of the fun stuff done. How does that happen?!

Loved the peek into your studio. I'd love to have one some day. Gotta have a kid move out first!

In the tent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.